Credit Bank Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to the Employee Portal?
To access the Employee Portal, click on this link: BVSD Employee Portal
Once I am in the Employee Portal, what are the steps I take to review the credits I have already submitted and then upload outstanding earned credits?
- You should review the Teacher Education Credential Worksheet to see what you have already submitted.
- Click on the Forms Tab at the top of the Employee Portal page.
- On the left side you will see forms that are in progress – your Teacher Education Credential Worksheet(s) should be in this form for you to review.
- Stay tuned we are creating a help document that should be available shortly!
- If you need to upload credits that are outstanding, use the Outstanding Earned Credit Upload form to complete this step. Click here: Help Document – Completing Outstanding Earned Credit Upload Form
Why do we have to upload our credits now?
There was new, negotiated language for fall 2019 that will provide you with expanded opportunities for horizontal movement. This is the first step in the process of implementing the new language.
I have already submitted transcripts for horizontal movement, do I need to resubmit these?
No, anything you have already submitted is in process so do not submit these again.
How do I find out credits I have already submitted?
Click on this link: BVSD Employee Portal – choose the FORMS tab and then look for the form named Teacher Education Credential Worksheet. This form will allow you to see what credits you have already submitted.
What happens if I don’t submit my outstanding, earned salary credits by December 31, 2018?
You will lose these credits so get them uploaded and tell a friend! Friends don’t let friends lose credits.
What happens if I am currently taking a class, but will not earn the credit until after December 31, 2018?
No worries! Submit your earned credit, when you receive it, through the new MyPassport upload.
Do you accept all unused credits from years past?
As long as you have not exceeded 12 credits in the calendar year and your credit meets the BVEA Negotiated Agreement language (click here for the link to the agreement).
Can I use credits from Brandman, Chapman, or Dominican?
You can upload these to submit for re-certification, but we no longer accept these institutions for horizontal movement.